Sunday, November 18, 2012

Big City Buildings



For some reason, when I was a little kid and my grandmother and I would drive by the now Huntington Bank building on Lee St, I got the feeling that I was in some large city other than Charleston.  I can't explain it.  I can still remember one day we went by there, I was probably about 9 or 10 and it was overcast, snowing and cold.  There was a little bit of snow on the sculpture making it stand out even more to me.  It's funny what you remember and how it seems just like yesterday sometimes.

The building poking out on the right side of the frame is the windowless Verizon building.  My mom worked in that building some during her 30 years with the phone company.

The tiny building is for the parking lot attendant at one of many of Spyros lots around town.  Spyros Stanley passed away recently.  He was a downtown Charleston icon.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger