Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Rainbow



This was the brightest and longest lasting rainbow I think I've ever seen. My daughter and I were on our way to pick up a pizza when we came out and saw one end of it. She had to run in and get her camera then we headed across the river to Saint Albans roadside park to get the shot. I was worried it would be gone when we got over there but it had just gotten brighter. There were people out everywhere looking and taking pictures. After we got our shot and were back on the pizza run my daughter said, "I prayed for it to still be there when we got to Saint Albans and it worked!".

I think of Psalm 19:1 when I see something like this. "The heavens declare the glory of God. The skies proclaim the work of his hands."

This photo doesn't do it justice.

3 comments:

stacey abshire said...

Nice shot.. Here's mine. I stitched 5 shots together. Done on my iPhone.

http://snk1324.posterous.com/just-got-this-amazing-rainbow-panorama

Eric said...

Thanks Stacey. Mine is also a panorama. 2 horizontal shots stitched vertically. Where were you?

Lance said...

Genesis 9:12-17 (New International Version)

12 And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

17 So God said to Noah, "This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth."

Powered By Blogger