Monday, February 23, 2009

Blue Snow


I went to Pocahontas County today. I wanted to hike down the Falls of Hill's Creek trail to get some photos. When I got there it was real windy, about 13 degrees and was pourin' the snow. I sat and waited for a while because it had been sunny then cloudy all the way there. It did let up snowing but the wind was blowing the snow out of the trees and the snow was about 8 to 12 inches deep, so I decided not to do the falls. I started back down the road towards Richwood and was looking at the North Fork of the Cherry. There weren't very many good places to pull off the road 'cause the snow was so deep. I ended up pulling off just past the turn up to Summit Lake. As soon as I pulled over I knew I was in trouble. I tried to get out right then, but was just spinning, even though I was in 4 wheel drive. I thought, well crap, so I got out and went and looked at what I wanted look at, then ran around in circles and came up with a plan to get myself unstuck. I didn't have a shovel so I cleared a path down to the gravel on the side of the road with my feet. It took a few minutes but I made it. I'm a genius.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you believe in miracles?

Eric said...

Yes I do!

Anonymous said...

I guess that's better than yellow snow.

Powered By Blogger