Friday, January 9, 2009

Photos From the Brownie



I got the film that was in my Brownie developed yesterday and I scanned the negatives on my Epson 3170 flatbed scanner. For anyone who doesn't know, my wife bought me an antique Kodak Folding Autographic Brownie for Christmas. The camera is between 83 and 93 years old. The film didn't appear to be that old, but who knows. Kodak introduced the 116 format film in 1899 and discontinued it in 1984. Tom Hindman, (The Imagesmith), had read my blog posts about my camera and offered to develop the film for me in one of the darkrooms at the Charleston Daily Mail. My daughter had a snow day Thursday so she got to go with me. We went to Merrill Photo and got the stuff to develop the film and headed over to the paper. Tom couldn't have been nicer. We had a real nice time talking with him. He also introduced us to a couple of the other photographers, Craig Cunningham and Bob Wojcieszak. The film only captures 8 photos and they were all of the same thing, the front of a house. These were the 2 best ones, the others were blurry or covered with fungus that had grown on the film over the years. If anybody knows where these may have been taken (I'm assuming Charleston, but could be anywhere), let me know. It looks like the house on the right has a number 811 on it.

1 comment:

Imagesmith said...

Hey we did alright. I still wonder what the purpose of the images were. And why were they at an angle?

Powered By Blogger