Sunday, December 28, 2008

Brownie





I took my antique Brownie to Merrill Photo and my friend Jim Orr got the film out for me. It is a roll of Kodak 116 B&W film. It produces a negative size of 2 7/8 in. by 4 7/8 in. He didn't know where I could get it processed. I've sent Kodak an email hoping they can help me. There might not be any photos on the film but we want to find out. Jim showed me a couple of things about the camera that I didn't know (he's an antique camera expert). The reason it's called an Autographic is because there is a small door on the back of the camera you can open and use the stylus provided to write something (date, names or whatever) on the back of the film. It actually scratches the emulsion and when it's processed whatever you wrote shows up on the photo. Stay tuned to find out what might be on the film.

2 comments:

Imagesmith said...

If you wanted to soup it at the paper we might be able to do that. You would have to get the chemistry & we could mix it here and soup the film in the last remaining darkrooms here. I'd be glad to help ya.

Eric said...

Hi Tom, thanks. I think I'll take you up on the offer. I'll just go to Merrill's and get the stuff and you let me know when you could help me.

Powered By Blogger