Monday, December 15, 2014

Gauley Bridge, WV


This is the little town where I grew up.  I actually didn't live in town but on up the Gauley River about 3 miles in a wide spot in the road called Alta, WV.  We did everything in Gauley though, school, church, friends, groceries, doctor, pharmacy, clothes, haircuts, tv repair and on and on.  It was a pretty neat town when I was a kid and probably even more so when my mom and grandmother were growing up there.

The New River and the Gauley River both end right where the bright lights are and they form the Kanawha River.

Molly and I had gone rock climbing this afternoon and we were on our way home and we stopped at the end of the "boulevard" to see if the Milky Way was visible over Gauley.  It was visible, but it was almost directly overhead and not over the town.  I went ahead and made a few photos anyway, just for s & g's.  This was also the first time I had used my Fuji xe-2 for any night sky photography.  I think it did ok.

3 comments:

Nancy Vance said...

Wow! Great shot! I'm jealous...

Eric said...

Thanks Nancy!

http://tomhindman.blogspot.com said...

That's pretty nic.

Powered By Blogger