Saturday, April 2, 2011

Carlos Akers Memorial Track Meet


We went to Cabell Midland High School today for a track meet.  This is my daughter's first year running track, so that means it's the first track meet we've ever been to.  Well, let me tell ya.  We got there at about 10:45 am and we waited around 'til about 3:59 pm when my daughter's race started.  She ran it in 36.11 SECONDS, then we left.  What do you think about that?  I got a couple of good pictures of her though.

I did get to watch a great 1600 meter race (for those from the Sissonville area, that's a mile).  Sophomore Jacob Burcham from Cabell Midland ran it in 4:13.69.  That smashed the stadium and meet records and is the third fastest mile in the USA for a high school student.


7 comments:

Kenny "slug" said...

Welcome to high school track. Just wait, it gets better.

Eric said...

How could it get any better???!!!

Lance said...

I feel somewhat offended.... a guy from Fe-ut county cracking on my math knowledge. Here am I, just moseying through the endless waste of bandwidth and come across a great picture site, and lo and behold, a kick to the teeth. It's like I'm in Jonesville, making me drink the juice even when I know better.

Oh, and by the way, 1600m is not quite a mile. 1600 meters = 0.994193908 mile

Eric said...

I knew that would get a rise out of you. I hadn't heard from you for a while. ;-)

BTW, in my language, it's just Fet county not Fe-ut

frank said...

The boy reminds me of me running my mile.

LOL and yes sir
that is smokin'

Haney said...

My son runs the 4 x 400, aka "last event". Which meets I'm there 'til they're done.

Eric said...

Haney, I feel your pain.

Powered By Blogger