Thursday, February 4, 2010

Kanawha Falls Post Office





I ended up having to take a road trip today. My wife's cousin had her mom at the doctor in Teays Valley when her car broke down. They called me, of all people, to come and see if I could fix it so they could make it home. While I was on my way I called my buddy, Jerry, and told him I might need assistance. He met me at the office and we determined that the water pump had gone out. It was my cousin's dad's car and he wanted it towed home, so we called a wrecker and they towed it the 65 miles back to Belva, WV.

Since I was up in the area I figured I'd mess around awhile and get some pictures. The post office building used to be across and down the river about 2 miles in a tiny town called Kanawha Falls. It has been moved to the teeming metropolis of Gauley Bridge and put on display with an old train depot. I also figured that since I was in the area, I'd stop at Burger Carte and get a Cartwheel. Mmm, mmm good. That's all.

4 comments:

Lance said...

Did you just use the word teeming in the same sentence as Gauley Bridge? hmmm.

frank said...

all right, I'll bite (LOL)

What is a cartwheel sandwich?

Eric said...

A cartwheel is a giant sandwich with ham, lettuce, onion and a spicy sauce. They're awesomer than all-git-out! ;-)

Hey Lance, just about every building in Gauley has paint on it like that.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine you eating a sandwich without ONIONS

Powered By Blogger