Friday, June 5, 2009

RIP :-(




I was just mowing along this afternoon, happy as could be, then all of a sudden,,,wham. My 20 year old Lawn Boy gives out on me. I don't know what happened, but the front of the engine just blew out. I mow my yard and my neighbors yard and was almost finished when this tragedy happened. I had probably a minute left and I would've been done. I came in the house and broke the news to my wife. She doesn't get excited about money or stuff like that (that's my job), so she told me to go get a new one and be thankful that I got 20 years out of this one. So off I go to Center Hardware and pick me up another Lawn Boy (it's a beauty). I hope I can get as much faithful service out of this one.

6 comments:

Kenny "slug" said...

Bummer....but the new one is sweet.

Lance said...

Carnage!!!! The old one is a classic, and a classic is never really a total loss, you just have to rebuild from the pieces that are left. That's advice from Tim "the tool man" Taylor.

Mike Nalley said...

If you are ever in Metro Atlanta, my yard needs mowing.

Mike

Joel Raskin said...

Dude, you should've acted a little more upset - your wife might have suggested a new ride-on mower instead;-)

Eric said...

Thanks everybody for your condolences. My old one will be missed. Now if I could figure out a way to only have to mow once a year I'd be happy.

Radio Yesterdays said...

sorry to hear about the old Lawn Boy. It'll take a little time to get over it but now you you have a new one to break in. It's kinda like losing a good friend and firefighter to Charleston and having to break in a new guy. You only hope it turns out good.

Powered By Blogger