Friday, March 27, 2009

Columbia, SC




It was exactly one year ago when I got these photos. We were on our way down to Beaufort, SC to visit my wife's dad. We had stopped in Columbia to get something to eat. After we ate I was waiting on traffic so I could turn out of the parking lot when I saw a Columbia Fire Dept. engine sitting in traffic at a stop light. Just as the light turned the engine flipped his emergency lights and siren on. Being a curious firefighter I said, "man, we'll follow him for a minute." My daughter said, "woo hoo!" and my wife said "hmm". When I turned right out of the lot to follow I looked up and saw a big black column of smoke just a few blocks from where we were. We pulled up right as the engine got there. We parked out of the way so we wouldn't get stuck by the hydrant line and my daughter and I got out and got a bunch of pictures while the guys went to work. The house was in a nice little neighborhood but appeared to be vacant.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger