Monday, May 5, 2008

Saint Albans Swears In Four New Firefighters




Tonight, on Cinco de Mayo, the City of Saint Albans swore in four new probationary firefighters. The firefighters were introduced to the City Council by Chief Parsons and a prayer of protection was offered over them by Chaplain Mike Jarrett. Mayor Dick Callaway presided over the swearing in ceremony. The new firefighters are Brent Kessler, Jeff Davidson, Mike Lively and Brandon Price. The families of the new firefighters were also recognized by council. Today they began a five week training program before they are assigned to a shift on the department. I was also recognized for my promotion from Lieutenant to Captain in a "pinning'' ceremony. My wife and daughter had the honors of replacing my Lieutenants insignia and badge with a Captains.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to congratulate my buddy Brent Kessler. He really worked hard to get on at St. Albans and I am proud of him.

great job

Chris Asbury

Powered By Blogger